Wednesday, November 11, 2009

How rich am I?

I hear people say the generation of teens today are called the generation of Entitlement. They say that with such contempt and pride. I've always kind of rolled my eyes at it.

I DO think that most kids don't realize how good they've got it. But not in the way that most of those quoted above think. Have we ever thought about our lives compared to most of the world? I just got a magazine from World Vision. It shows all the different ways we can help those in 3rd World Countries this Christmas. They had so many things! Animals to buy for families, a Clean Water fund to dig wells, money to help women escape the sexual slave trade and so many more. How many of our kids are aware of how many kids live like this. For that matter, how many adults are aware? Is it really only our children and teens that feel "Entitled" to the life we are priviledged to live?

1 comment:

Kristen said...

I think we as adults are just as guilty of this mindset and are the reason kids today have it as well. When I compare our family to our local community I sure don't feel rich but when I look worldwide, I am so humbled by how good we have it. I struggle with this daily and I am trying so hard to instill this awareness in my children too!