Saturday, July 7, 2012

running

All my life I've hated running.  I dreaded the mile run every year (several times a year) in gym class and always sucked at it.  So why am I running now? 

That's right.  I'm running as part of my exercise.  I'm actually training for a 5k in October!  Yesterday I ran 2 miles total.  One mile was all in a row. The other mile was split into 2- 1/2 mile stretches.  I haven't run a mile since my freshman year of high school and this was much faster. MUCH! 

I'm going to tell you something kind of embarrassing...  I dream of running and I have for years.  Weird huh?  I dream of running (pretty) fast and seeing the countryside.  I thoroughly enjoy it too. 

It's hard to believe that I might someday actually enjoy running.  I don't mind it now... but I wouldn't say I'm enjoying it.  I hope that by the 12:1 Run in October that I'll enjoy it more.  But right now I'm proud of myself for running at all!  Can't believe it... after all these years.

No comments: