Tuesday, September 1, 2009

like a new years resolution in years past

Ha Ha Ha. This reminds me of all the times I resolved on Jan 1st to write in my diary everyday when I was a kid!!! I'm not so good at keeping up at this but I'm going to give it a shot again.
There were some things that really kept me emotionally drained over the last 6 months or so. When I feel like that, the last thing I want to do it sit down and write. Writing drains me even though I enjoy it. Sooooo, I'm feeling better and want to start up again.
Life is good overall. We are struggling with feeling like we belong sometimes. I didn't expect to feel like starting over when we moved here. I've never actually moved somewhere without a group of friends. Having to start from scratch with friendships is difficult. Thank goodness we've got each other! (cue, "I've got you babe...) CJ has been struggling with this the most I think. I've got some friendships they just aren't as close as those I left behind.

On the upside, we are going to be starting a new ministry at church. It's called Angel Food. Basically, it allows people to buy $70 worth of food for about $30. CJ and I bought from them in KC and it was really good quality stuff. With this area's low income ratio it'll hopefully be really helpful for some. We are just getting started this month with meetings and getting volunteers.

I'm going to be coordinating a Live Nativity this year if I can pull it off. I NEED to meet with people soon! I've got to make sure we can build the sets before I can really get going. I have no idea what kind of budget I'm going to get and how many guys would be willing to build sets. I'm going to start small this year and hopefully build on it from year to year. Anyone willing to help? You don't even need to be involved in our church or any church for that matter to help. We want anyone to feel welcome to help out. I'm going to try my best to make it fun.

I've read a lot of books this past 6 months. I feel like I'm growing more and more at peace with my new view of Christian living but getting more and more frustrated with how to incorporate that in my life. I just don't know what to do sometimes. I feel like I'm learning what God want me to learn but I am stumbling with what he wants me to do. I am continuing on the same path that I started when we got here; trying to bring change in the environment we are already in, cuz I don't feel any clear instruction to do otherwise but I struggle with impatience.

Dani is growing like a weed. She is making up for her growth "stall" from 9 months to 18 months. I had to go buy all new clothes for her this fall. (well not ALL new but quite a bit of stuff) She's as strong willed as we thought she'd be and is now reaching things she could never reach before. So I'm having to baby proof all over again. Not as easy as the first time. All we had to do last time was move stuff up. Now I have no where to put things. Working on some creative solutions on this one.

Well that's all for now. I'll write more soon, I promise. Peace out :) Always wanted to say that.

No comments: