Sunday, November 16, 2008

All at once

I find myself asking if anything else can go wrong and apparently the answer is yes. Dani has been having a really rough time for the past 2 weeks. She's been teething really badly. She's getting her "eye" teeth (I don't know if that's the proper spelling.) and apparently they are some of the worst. (they still haven't come in) Tuesday she got the first shot of two for her flu shot. I guess for the first-timers they split the vaccine in half so she's getting the second shot next month. After the flu shot she got a canker sore the size of Rhode Island in her mouth. THEN she fell and hit her mouth really hard. She has a huge, bloody fat lip and a blood blister on her gums. NOW, she's starting to cough and we just found out she was exposed to bronchitis! She's is sorry shape. And as you parents know, as they are so you are...
She is not sleeping at all. Last night she cried more than she ever did as a newborn. But there's nothing we could do but let her cry because we already gave her all her medicine and all she is wanting is for us to hold her. She's been wanting to fall asleep with us rocking her but as soon as we start to get up to put her down (cuz she's out cold) she starts crying and doesn't sleep in her crib. It's sooooo frustrating and yet we feel so bad for her cuz she's so miserable. She cries out for us even in her sleep. None of us have gotten sleep in 3 days! I'm so exhausted. And you should see the poor thing, she's a mess!
A friend of ours offered a solution that I think we're going to try. We don't have a recliner but they have one and they said they'd bring it here and we could put it in her room and she could sleep on one of us. I'm a little hesitant about it cuz I don't want to start a bad habit. But us sleeping away from her isn't working either so I think we're going to try it just so we can hopefully, get a little sleep.
Poor thing, I know she has the worst of it but I sometimes find myself throwing ME the pity party in my sleep-deprived state.

1 comment:

Betsy Wellman said...

what a great idea. i can tell you when calvin was sick i always let him sleep on me...usually in a recliner....wish ya luck! i think it will work!!! calvin never hurt too bad on teeth, so i can't help ya too much there, i just had lots of baby orijel at home!!