Thursday, November 20, 2008

No room at the inn

I'm very excited by little things sometimes and today it happened again. CJ and I are going to Des Moines for the Tyler get-together on Dec 6th. We went last year and stayed at my Uncle Glen's house which worked out great. (we usually stay there anytime we go to Des Moines) However, this year there is no space for us to stay there since both his daughters and both Grandbabies moved back in. The one guest room he has is always occupied by my aunt. So my Grandmother graciously offered to pay for a hotel room. When I first heard about it, it felt like an answer to prayer. Then I got to thinking of the challenges it presents. First of all, Dani can't sleep in the same room as us. She cries if she sees us. Also, she is still having a bottle when she wakes up and before she goes to bed. That requires a fridge to store the milk (we could do with a cooler if need be so this isn't a huge issue) and a microwave to warm it up. (we've tried weaning her off to cold milk but she won't have it so this is a huge issue) Today I was looking online to book a room and discovered a hotel that specializes in long stays but will still book a room for 1 night if need be. It has a kitchenette (with fridge and microwave included) and is L shaped so we should be able to put Dani out of view. Plus it's only about $15 more than others we were looking at and is still within the budget given to us. Yeah!!! It makes me happy! I know it seems little to most of you but this really takes a lot of stress out of this trip. I no longer have to worry about this stuff. I have literally been stressing about these two issues for weeks, ever since the room was offered. Yeah!

No comments: