Saturday, October 11, 2008

4-wheeling

When I was kid, I loved being outdoors. I used to leave the house with a picnic lunch and not return till afternoon. I would explore ravines, creekbeds and all the nooks and crannies I could find in the area. I know I ventured off my dad's property many many times but no one cared. I used to see all kinds of wild life and I learned how to determine whether the tracks I'd see were fresh. I did this less and less as I got to be a teenager and got more involved in sports, choir, band and boys but I still love to get out in nature when I can. One of my favorite things to do is go 4-wheeling. I takes me out to many of my old haunts quickly. Plus, since CJ won't ever get a motorcycle, it's the closest thing I have. ;)
Yesterday, a friend came to my dad's property to check out a deer stand and couldn't find it. It turned into a full-out "hunt" to find it. We drove the 4-wheeler everywhere. It was soooo fun! I haven't been out on the 4-wheeler since May. I need to do it more often.

No comments: