Saturday, October 11, 2008

great date

Great guy, great movie, great food...what else do you need for a great date?
Tonight was wonderful! CJ and I went out on a date that lasted all afternoon. We started by dropping Dani off at some friends. They are keeping her overnight for us so we didn't have to worry about how late we could be out and getting her put down on time, etc, etc. Then we went and watched the movie "Fireproof". Talk about romantic! I was in tears several times. It really moved CJ too so the rest of the night he was incredibly romantic with me. It was a date like we used to have before we were married. He opened doors for me and everything! I loved it! Then we did a little shopping at different stores. I know it isn't romantic in and of itself but the mood we were in... anything would have been romantic. We were holding hands, walking close and stealing kisses. Ahhhhhh.
Then we went to Carlos O'Kellys, one of our old time favorites. I'm still stuffed! :)
I am not one of those people that expects marriage to feel like dating. Life gets in the way. We have to work, pay bills, clean house, cook and care for children. However, it is nice to have an evening that touches those old feelings. I think we should start all our future dates with a romantic movie. Sets the mood for the evening!! ;)

No comments: