Sunday, October 26, 2008

little road trip

Yesterday was a good day till about 11:14pm. It was all downhill from there. It didn't start quite as well as I wanted but I guess you can't have everything. :)
Saturdays are supposed to be my morning to sleep in. I couldn't so I was up at 7:30. I went ahead and got up and played with Dani. Then around 9 we took her into the Eagens, who were going to keep her overnight. Then CJ and I went out for breakfast at Hy-Vee. (I love going to breakfast with him. It's such a different feel than dinner) Then I dropped him off at home and went over to Mom's. She's finally back online and needs help figuring out facebook and blogs and stuff. I had lunch with Mom and Dad and came home to get ready for St. Louis.
Chris, CJ's brother, is home from his second tour in Iraq and really really likes hockey. He paid for all of us to go a St. Louis Blues (a professional hockey team) game.
So we left CJ's parents about 3:30 and drove down the to the game that started at 7:30. We barely made it. We stopped twice. Once for gas and the other to eat at Ponderosa's. (gag) However, the game was totally awesome! If you haven't been to a live game, don't say you don't like hockey at all. I can say I don't like watching it on TV but live-it's awesome. Although, I wish I'd read the book "Hockey for Dummies" before we went cuz I was totally lost. However, the lady sitting beside me was really nice. Apparently she volunteers at the stadium at least once a month and was a wealth of knowledge. The only downer of the whole game was during the second period a woman came and sat down right behind me and was screaming so loud she literally gave me a headache. It was ridiculous! She would scream "shoot, shoot" when they were in no position to do so and stuff like that. So I moved during the third period and all was right in the world again. :) Chris even bought Dani and Amos (Dani's cousin) little jersey's. They are so cute!
The game ended at 10:30 and by 10:45 we were on the road. I remember saying at 11:10 that if I could stay this awake (I was driving)I'd be good to go. However, at 11:14 (no joke) I was about asleep. It was like all the adrenaline left my body and there was no turning back. We even stopped at Bowling Green and got coffee and protein but to no avail. I drove all the way back to his parents but it was hell.
We fell into bed at 2:06 this morning and I slept hard till 11. I found I loved hockey (live anyway) but I still wish we could have stayed overnight. That late trip home made the hockey game not worth it. However, if we'd have stayed, I would have nothing but awesome memories of this little road trip.

No comments: