Friday, September 26, 2008

closing at work

Tonight was my second night at my new job and the first night I closed. I'm going to close every Thursday night. I found out tonight I will only have one more night of training and then I'll be closing on my own. That would be all well and good if I had a good trainer. I'm am a little scared if next time goes like this time. By the end of the night, the manager was just doing things herself and not showing me what she was doing. Most of the closing duties I didn't even see her do. It was very frustrating. I understand it's midnight and she wants to get out but I have to do this by myself very soon and I hate not feeling like I know what I'm doing.
However, it's not all her fault. There is no training system in place. There's no instructions (written) it's all verbal. So, if I don't remember all her instructions I have nothing to refer to. That is not good!!!!
So I'm more than a little nervous for next week...

No comments: