Saturday, September 20, 2008

working girl

Well, I'm officially a working girl again. Yesterday I got hired at Hy-Vee for two nights a week a 6 and a 8 hr shift. It doesn't pay much but it's more than I'm making now. (nothing) We are trying really hard to save and pay down debt. We are going through Financial Peace University with Dave Ramsey again and we want to get back on track.
Years ago before CJ started his Farmers business we had been working on the debt snowball (paying off debt quickly) but once we started the business that all went down the drain. Since then, we've had to deal with some pretty messy finances and the expense of our new baby. Since we moved here I've not been working because my job that was lined up didn't work out. We've been able to pay our bills (most months)but that's it. However, having one of us home with Dani all the time is a very high priority in our book so we've made due. Well, we have been able to work it out with HyVee that I'm going to go in at 4 and CJ is getting off at 4 so I'll be able to hand Dani off to CJ in the parking lot.
In the words of Dave...we're getting "gazelle intense!!!"

No comments: