Tuesday, September 16, 2008

my dream

Have you ever had a dream when you were half awake and half asleep? I did yesterday. But because I was half awake, my body was aware and my senses thought I was totally awake. So my brain dreamed something and my senses thought it was actually happening. Not a great start. What I remember is... CJ was driving and I was sitting in the passenger seat. Our friend Ben was in the back and Dani was in the car seat. We were going somewhere and all of a sudden came across a flooded road. It was a familiar road to us and I knew there were deep dips in the road coming up where the water covered it. We were in a hurry and now we were going to have to turn around. All of a sudden I feel CJ gun it and I heard myself scream "CJ! No!" (I wonder if I actually said it in my sleep. I've done that before and I felt like I actually said it when I woke up) I squeezed my eyes shut and the next few events I felt rather than saw... We hit the water and I immediately felt the resistance. Then the water went deep and our wheels were no longer on the pavement. Then I felt the van's front come up and we flipped over so the wheels were on top. I felt myself reach over to open the window, wondering if that was the right thing to do and then realized I couldn't let the car flood until I had Dani out of her car seat! I was in a huge panic when I opened my eyes and realized it was a dream. But it felt so real! All that adrenaline was coursing through my veins and my heart was beating fast. I hate those kind of experiences! Don't you?

No comments: