Sunday, August 10, 2008

complexity of God

I was impressed yet again of how God deals with us each individually. We all worship in different ways, he speaks to us in different ways and we all grow in relationship with him in completely different ways. Why do we think there is only one good way to worship, pray and grow? Ever notice how people can be soooo completely different from others? Even in the same church, SS class, or even family. God made us all in his image. He is so complex he needed/wanted to make us all individuals. He is so many things and he can relate to us intimately because he has those same personality traits.
Today he showed me again how he speaks to me in music. I used to think this was bad because a lot of preachers or leaders would write off the emotional "meeting" I had with God during worship as just emotions and they would never bring real change. I beg to differ. I am never closer to God as when I am singing and this doesn't even have to worship songs, or even Christian music for that matter. I believe the most beautiful way he relates to me is through music. That is a small part of his personallity and he made is a big part of mine. I find comfort, awe, desire, and love for him in music and it doesn't leave me once the song is over! It's not (just) an emotional "high" for me. It's real communication and relationship with my Creator.

No comments: